"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned... so that we can have the life that is waiting for us!!!!"

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Time to Give Thanks

I honestly can't believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone already.  This time of year always feels a bit different to most.  It's the holiday season that gives us that little reminder to take the time to reflect on and cherish what we are most thankful for in our lives. 

Clint and I have gone through and have overcome obstacles in our lives that many do not endure over a lifetime.  I sit and think about where we were only a few short years ago, and cannot believe at how far we've come.  There are days that I wonder how we ever made it this far.  In six short years together, Clint and I have gone through over fifteen surgeries, between the two of us.  Some major.  Some, fairly routine.  We have lived through the terrifying experience of me having a mini-stroke.  We have dealt with emotional ups and downs through the journey of getting pregnant, while dealing with infertility, to dealing with high risk pregnancies to difficult deliveries, but learned how to hold on to each other tighter because of it all.  We have shared heartache over the loss of what we thought our daughters' life was going to be when we received her diagnosis, but ended up embracing the life that she does have.  We have gone through extreme financial difficulties, but know that we are where we are because of the sacrifices we chose to make to better the lives of our two miraculous little girls, and know that no matter what, we will always find a way.  We have experienced more than we ever imagined together, but we've learned so much through it all.  We've gone through our struggles, and at points, yes, we almost gave up, but there isn't a day that goes by, that I don't thank God for showing us the way through all of the difficult moments.  Had we given up, we would've missed out on all of the amazing things that we have been blessed enough to experience as well.  Through all of the pain and "impossible" moments in our life, we have also seen such great love, hope, and faith.  Those things, I am so very thankful for.

We have new journeys that we are embracing as well.  We are going through the process of building and owning a home.  This too, was quite the unexpected journey.  We have partnered with Habitat for Humanity, and through them, we will finally have the dream of owning a home, come true.  We are working very hard in order for this to happen.  We are going to be building a handicap accessible home, and although Taleigha may be making incredible progress, and starting to take steps independently, we still don't know exactly what our future may hold, so we feel that an accessible home, will be extremely beneficial for our family.  Taleigha struggles with incredibly low muscle tone, so building a home with less "risk" is what our goal is during this process.  I can't tell you how grateful and fortunate we feel for this opportunity.  Not only is one of our biggest dreams becoming a reality, but, along this journey, we have been able to meet some of the most incredible people.  I couldn't even begin to say enough about the people working for and volunteering for this organization.  They will always have a special place in our hearts, for they have very much become a part of our family.  I will forever be thankful for this chapter of our lives.

I am always thankful for my amazing family, immediate and extended, especially my parents.  They have been two of the most supportive people in my life over the years, and there aren't words to describe how much they mean to me.  They have been two people that I have been able to rely on when things were at the hardest.  I am lucky to have the family that I have. 

I can't possibly list off all of the things I am thankful for, because I truly have been very blessed in my life.  Things aren't always easy, but somehow, the good always finds a way to shine through the dark.  I thank God for holding me close and guiding me.  You know, "God doesn't give you more than you can handle", right?!  I joke at times that He is clearly giving me too much credit!  But really, I know that with Him by my side, I will always be able to get through anything that comes my way.  We have been able to learn and grow so much because of every single experience.  Who wouldn't be thankful for that!?

I Give Thanks!
I Give Thanks!

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!

"Everyday, you make me smile.  Everyday, you make me glad to be a Mother.  Everyday, you make a memory that I never want to forget.  Everyday, I'm more THANKFUL than the day before that you are my little girls.  Everyday, I look at you and wonder how I ever lived my life without you... Everyday!"


No comments:

Post a Comment