"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned... so that we can have the life that is waiting for us!!!!"

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time to Enjoy

The last couple of days have been so extremely hectic and busy, that sometimes I forget to take the time to enjoy what is right in front of me.  We all need to just take a moment out of each day, to relax, and truly treasure all that we are blessed with.  Sometimes, it is really just the simplest things that we forget to appreciate!!

I took time to really enjoy my kids today and it felt sooooo wonderful.  It's not that I don't enjoy my children every single day, it's just that I found myself not worrying about all the things on my never-ending and lengthy 'to-do list' for the day.  I just sat.  Content with the fact that it was all about my girls.  Nothing else.  We played, and watched some of their favorite t.v. shows... We giggled and acted silly.  We read books together.  We colored and scribbled on paper!  We took a little drive.  And yes, we even did a little bit of "fun" cleaning!!  Taleigha helped!  

Taleigha was so absolutely adorable.  She helped Mommy by holding the dust pan as I swept up the dining room.  She then took a rag and helped me scrub up the little sticky spots that always seem to form under the booster chairs while the girls eat.  I would say "scrub, scrub, scrub" and it wouldn't be long after that Taleigha would say "sca, sca, sca" in her attempt to mimic me.  She didn't want to stop after all of the obvious "spots" were cleaned up, so I decided that I would just follow her lead and go wherever her little heart desired.  We eventually made it all over the dining room and kitchen.  Then, it was on to vacuuming!  We have a short bare floor vacuum that just so happens to be Taleigha's height!  I stood her up, propping her against my body as I stood behind her, and together, we pushed the vacuum back and forth... moving from one place to another, somewhat awkwardly, but we made it work!  She was quite the helper, and such a big girl!  Honestly, we had so much fun. 

Taelyn.  Oh, she just makes a smile appear so easily!  The fun of today continued with her standing in front of the couch by Daddy while I was sitting at the dining room table trying to take care of some paperwork.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Taelyn, trying so hard to sneakily pass through the dining room to the kitchen (a place that in our house, means trouble)!!  As her wobbly little self would attempt the walk through, she would peak over in my direction to see if I was looking.  She would get to the doorway, and I would jump up, and in a jokingly manner, would say "what do you think you're doing!?!!" while running after her.  That would bring so much excitement to her!!  So much so, that she couldn't keep much balance, eventually falling down into her crawling position, at which point she would try to scurry away from me as fast as she could!!  I would scoop her up in my arms, and tickle her until exploded with laughter.  I carried her back over to Daddy by the couch, set her down, and I took my seat once again at the table.  Wouldn't you know that she would just make the attempt back to the kitchen again, only seconds after my tush hit the chair?!  And of course, Mommy would do the same thing to stop her from getting to her destination!!  This happened over and over and over again, for at least a half an hour straight!  At certain points, these events nearly brought tears to my eyes because of the amount of laughter that was coming from, not only Taelyn and me, but Dad and Taleigha as well.

I never wants days like today to end.  Days like today bring out so much love, excitement, enjoyment and fun in a crazy, busy, hectic, and overwhelming life.  These were definitely moments that I want to keep in my mental 'treasure chest' forever!  

If only we all took more time to just simply, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment