"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned... so that we can have the life that is waiting for us!!!!"

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Start to Something Amazing

TODAY!?!  Today was such a day of inspiration for me.  Perfect to start something like this, right?!  Guess where the inspiration came from!?!!!  My two beautiful little girls.  My children are starting to walk!!  They are taking their first steps.  What mother wouldn't be proud and full of inspiration?!?  Well, I guess you could say that my excitement goes just beyond that of a typical mom.  A "typical" mom would just think that walking was just part of their children growing up.  You know... a natural progression of things!  Well, for me, it's a little bit different!!! :)

Today, I watched my 2 1/2 year old daughter, Taleigha, take her first steps!  She was leaning her little body against her "big girl bed".  You could just see the anticipation building in her as we told her to walk to Daddy (who just so happened to be holding a "motivational" piece of candy: a yummy flavored sucker!).  She wiggled and wobbled, anxiously wanting to take off on her own two feet!!  With her outstretched arms, she gained enough balance to put one foot in front of the other, quickly crossing the room and eventually falling into Daddy's arms.  As she made her way, you could see the pure excitement in her face.  It was in that moment that tears came to my eyes.  I had just witnessed yet one more little miracle from this precious girl.  Taleigha had a smile and a giggle to follow the brand new accomplishment.  Oh, she was so proud of herself!  She was beaming!!!  To say that her dad and I are proud of her too, would be quite the understatement.  Her whole life has been one major accomplishment after another.  The things that we consider to be huge accomplishments in her life, are most often the "normal" accomplishments of others!  She has been able to get where she is today because she has an amazing amount of strength, determination, and courage.  My daughter is beautiful.  My daughter is full of hope.  My daughter is such an inspiration.  MY DAUGHTER... is special needs!  

Today, I watched my 1 year old daughter, Taelyn, take a few more steps!!  She is just so darn cute!  She has been gaining a little more confidence with each passing day to bring herself into a stand and slowly, but steadily, take steps towards us.  She made her first few attempts at walking about a week and a half ago now.  To see how far she has come in such a short amount of time is so special to us!  She takes a few steps and stops to clap for herself in excitement (sometimes throwing herself off balance a bit though :)) and then continues towards her destination.  When her destination is me, she makes her way over just to practically jump towards me.  She smiles and smirks and laughs and I can't help but do the same!  She too, is oh so proud of herself!  And we are very proud of her as well!!  Little does she know, but Taelyn is doing even more than just learning to walk!!!  She is her sister's motivator as well! :) She is just as much an inspiration, if you ask me!  My beautiful, precious Tae!

Today, I felt joy, and happiness, and hope!  TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment