"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned... so that we can have the life that is waiting for us!!!!"

Friday, November 4, 2011

"The Beautiful and Innocent Soul She is..."

I came home from work today, and saw that my husband had a new status on facebook.  It simply said, "I don't see a syndrome, I see my daughter. The beautiful and innocent soul she is. I see how she has changed not only me, but friends and family as well. I am so proud to be the father of such a wonderful little angel."  It completely melted my heart.  It made me fall madly in love with Clint all over again.  To know that I have someone in my life that can say something so sweetly, to love so perfectly... It reassures me that I truly have someone very special.

We have had so many conversations about Taleigha's diagnosis.  It's so weird because, quite frankly, there are days that the diagnosis never even enters my mind.  We look at everything that she can do, and know that that is just our normal!  Taleigha, being our first child... We never had a "typical" situation before.  All we had is what we knew.  It really isn't until Taleigha is "side by side", so to speak, with another typical child that is the same age, that we get a little bit of a reality check.  It is in those moments when we have the most difficult times.  That is when we see the things that Taleigha may not be able to just yet.  But we have hope.  It's hard though.  I'm not going to lie.  It's hard to see another 2 year old, walking and running around... using full sentences and able to communicate things with what seems like such ease.  We have obviously always known that things were "different" with Taleigha, but I guess sometimes we just don't always realize how different.

We are starting to see that Taelyn has caught up, quite quickly, to Taleigha.  Taelyn has shown us a bit of what typical actually is.  It's crazy to see the two of them together... It's like having twins!  In so many ways, that is exactly how we feel... like we have twins! ;) They are just about at the same stage developmentally.  Sometimes its hard to think about the day that Taelyn may very well "pass Taleigha up".  We just keep telling ourselves that that is just not something we need to worry about right now.  We need to just fully enjoy where they are both at, and know that we have been so blessed with what we have in both of our children.   

I have weak moments.  I'm allowed!!!  Things can get difficult.  Things can get tough.  But I thank my dear Lord, for always being by my side during those times.  It is through Him that I can see the perfection in our imperfect life!!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment