"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned... so that we can have the life that is waiting for us!!!!"

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day started off with breakfast in bed (I have the sweetest husband, I know), and two beautiful girls climbing in my bed!!!  Tae Tae smiled her biggest smile, followed by a cute "Happy Mother's Day Momma"!!!  I got a lot of hugs and kisses too!!!  She wanted to play, so she ran out of the room quite quickly after that!! ;)  Taleigha, however, stayed in bed with me.  She cuddled me up for a half an hour.... just laying in my arms (for anyone that actually knows Taleigha personally, knows that I don't get many moments like this with her)!  She actually just laid with me, occasionally caressing my face, giving me "nosies" a.k.a Eskimo kisses, and kisses!!  It was honestly an extremely cherished moment!  I softly spoke to her, telling her that Mommy loves her and that she is so very special to me!  I asked what she wanted to do with me on Mother's Day.... when all of a sudden, she looked into my eyes while holding my face and said, "Ha Eeee Momma Day"!!!  How in the world could I hold back my tears!?  I was balling (of course I did that with a ginormous smile on my face so that she knew they were happy tears!!!)  My daughter.... you know, the one that would "never talk".... just said HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to me!  There aren't enough words in the world that could explain what my heart felt in that moment!  I squeezed her.  I thanked her.  One memory I will never forget!?!  You bet!!!

Clint has been working so hard in his new position at work, and working such long hours that he wasn't able to take the girls and get me a Mother's Day present... Not that I expected one at all... but he felt bad about it.  Sooooo, he and the girls treated me out for a little shopping trip! ;)  The girls helped me pick out some "pretty dresses"!  It was a little hectic (lol), but a lot of fun!!!  Now I just need to get a little date night with the hubs so that I can actually wear my new dress! ;)


I am so incredibly blessed to have the daughters that I have.  How I ever got so lucky, I will never know.  But I will never take them for granted... Not ever!  They complete me!


Me and MY GIRLS!

1 comment: