"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned... so that we can have the life that is waiting for us!!!!"

Monday, January 9, 2012

An End and A Beginning

It's hard to believe that another year has come to an end.  I'm not even sure I know where the time went.  As I sit here reflecting on the year 2011, I feel an overwhelming amount of emotion come to the surface.  It's was a very difficult year, to say the least, and lately I have noticed that it has started to take it's toll on me.  I would love to say that I keep a positive attitude about life... about my life... but sometimes I stumble, fall, and lose sight of that positivity.  I have felt so defeated and beaten down.  I have felt a level of exhaustion that I didn't even think was possible.  I feel mentally, emotionally, and physically drained.  At times, I feel like I've lost myself.  I suppose I could talk forever about the "reasons" why I feel the way I do, but I don't want to focus on the tough stuff right now.  I want to focus on the amazing things that happened over the past year, for I know how incredibly blessed I am.  I try to hold on tightest to those things.  

I want to focus on the future and 
what I hope 2012 is going to be for my family!

The first thing that comes to mind for 2012 in our family is FINALLY owning a home.  I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am.  We are getting closer and closer to the start of our build with Habitat for Humanity and we are thrilled.  This house means more to us than we could ever describe.  We are anxious to be able to have a stable, safe, and accessible home for our girls.  All of the work that we have already put in over the last year, and the work that we continue to put in to this experience is absolutely worth it.  We are going to have one of our dreams come true... in just a few short months!  I've never really been one to want to wish time away, but COME ON SUMMER!  I'm ready this year!!! :)

I really hope that each and every one of you has an amazing beginning to 2012!





(Now that the Holiday's are over, I will finally have some more time for my blogging!  I apologize for the length of time since my last post!  I will be writing again soon!!  Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment